Why become a member of Hopevale Church?
God intends for every believer in Jesus to commit themselves to a local church. It’s for us and others. We’re taught, encouraged, and supported by fellow believers as we grow in real, everyday ways in Christ. And God uses us to encourage and support others as they grow in Christ. That’s what membership at Hopevale is all about!
What are the steps to membership at Hopevale?
Hopevale pastors and elders work hard to anchor these steps in the teaching of Scripture and to make the steps clear and encouraging to growing believers in Christ. Here are the steps:
- Conversion - You have personally and consciously placed your trust in Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins and new life.
- Believer’s baptism - You have been - or are willing to be - baptized after personally, consciously giving your life to Jesus.
- Direction of life in Christ - You desire to please God in your everyday life - at home, at work, in secret.
- Take the Foundations class - This is a six-week course on the essential truths of Christianity. Sign up for the next class by clicking here.
- Recommendation by a Hopevale ministry leader - such as your Community Group leader or a ministry leader you serve with at Hopevale.
- Complete a membership application - You can get one at the Info Desk or by clicking here.
- Approval by our Board of Elders - Once you have complete the other steps of membership, you will be recommended to our Elders for membership.
- I’m new. Should I pursue membership right away?
Welcome! We’re so glad God has led you to Hopevale. We recommend you attend the next Get to Know Hopevale class to learn more about who we are, what we believe, and how you fit. From there, get involved and start pursuing membership.
- Am I automatically a member if I give regularly to Hopevale?
Thank you so much for giving! Since you’re here and believe in Hopevale’s mission and values, we encourage you to pursue the steps to membership. Giving does not automatically make you a member of Hopevale.
- Can I serve if I’m not a member?
Yes! We want you to serve others through the gifts and talents God has given you. We do reserve some leadership/teaching/discipling roles for members, which is why we expect pastoral staff, elders, Community Group and Class leaders to be members of Hopevale.
- What if I was baptized as a believer at a church other than Hopevale?
Praise God! If you were baptized as a believer in Christ, that fulfills the “believer’s baptism” step of the membership process.
- I have questions about baptism at Hopevale? What should I do?
We recommend you take the next baptism class at Hopevale to learn more about believer’s baptism and get your questions answered. No strings attached. Click here for information on the next baptism class dates. Click here
for information on the next baptism class dates.
- What does Hopevale believe?
to check out Hopevale’s Essential Beliefs and Statement of Faith. These statements are also part of the membership packet, which you can pick up at the Info Desk on Sunday
- Can I transfer my membership from another church to Hopevale?
This practice usually happens between churches in the same denomination. We ask that you complete the steps to membership at Hopevale. If it helps you, we can send a letter to your previous church leaders to notify them that you are pursuing membership at Hopevale.
- What if I have other questions?
Don’t hesitate to contact us by stopping by the Info Desk or contacting Pastor Pete Carlson at email@example.com
or 793-3122 ext.23.