Topic: Sunday Message Verse: John 12:24, John 12:23–12:24
Four messages in our fall series, "Vision," where we'll dive into the vision of our church and also our future.
John 12:24 NIV
24 Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds.
Our next big step as a church is to begin a Hopevale Church in Bay City
HOPEVALE CHURCH IN BAY CITY
-What= a Hopevale multisite in Bay City
-Where= Bay City, John Glenn High School
-When= February 2018
-Who= 150 to 200 people from here
John 12:23-26 NIV
23 Jesus replied, “The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified. 24 Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. 25 Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life. 26 Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.
To be true to our mission, to be true to our legacy, to be true to our Lord, we’ve got to do it. That’s why we are establishing a Hopevale Church in Bay City.
1. Think of a time you felt discontentment with something in your life, your family, or your work. Why did you feel that way about it? What did you do?
2. Do you think we should experience discontentment and pursue dreams as a church? How do we tell the difference between Kingdom dreams and selfish pursuits? Consider these verses:
* Philippians 2:3-6
* Acts 1:7-8
* John 15:8
* Revelation 7:9-10
3. Pastor Dan said, “The church was never meant to simply exist for its own members, where we turn inward and become . . . closed to outsiders.” What’s the connection (if any) between our own spiritual growth and the mission of our church?
4. Do you think Dan’s statement should be true of Community Groups as well? What’s a good balance in your group between supporting one another and inviting others? Give an example.
5. What are you feeling discontented with in your life or your family or your work right now? What is your daydream about how it could be different and better? What steps could you take toward your dream this fall?