Topic: Sunday Message Verse: 1 Peter 4:7–4:11
Four messages in our fall series, "Vision," where we'll dive into the vision of our church and also our future.
Hopevale Church in Bay City
HOW will all this happen?
God's supernatural provision + our responsible cooperation
"The management of entrusted resources (given to us) that belong to another (from God) to further THEIR agenda (HIS) in the best possible way."
God entrust to us for His purposes:
1. Our time
2. Our talent (natural ability and spiritual gifts)
3. Our treasures (money, wealth, and stuff)
1. We all have limited resources
2. We don't have identical resources
Whether you're going to Bay City or staying in Saginaw, we need your time and we your talent.
HOW? Finding Your Fit
1. Aptitude (Am I good at this?)
2. Enjoyment ( Do I like doing this?)
3. Affirmation (Do others affirm me?)
4. Impact (Am I making a difference?)
For this thing to work, whether you’re going to Bay City or staying in Saginaw, we need your time and we need your talent. Pastor Dan.
1. Think of the most rewarding endeavor you’ve been part of. What gifts, training, or skills did you bring to it? What made it so rewarding for you?
2. Pastor Dan said that starting a Hopevale Church in Bay City will take God’s supernatural provision and our responsible cooperation. What’s the danger of emphasizing one over the other in this vision and in our own lives? How do we put together verses like John 15:4-5 and Colossians 3:23?
3. Read 1 Peter 4:7-11 together and talk about these questions:
* In verse 4, Peter says we need to be “alert” and “of sober mind.” What can distract us these days from investing our time and talents in what really matters?
* What gifts have you received from God—talents, training/skills, spiritual gifts? (Run them through the grid of aptitude, enjoyment, affirmation, and impact.)
* How are you currently using your gifts and talents to love others around you deeply (v8)—your spouse/family, church family, neighbors, and coworkers?
* How could you invest your time and talents to make the launch of Hopevale—Bay City successful?